The circle project is finished! I cut out all of those circles and made yo-yo’s – 49 yo-yo’s to be exact. They were super easy to make (Heather has a good tutorial). They are also very portable – I made the majority of them while waiting in the carpool line at Jane’s school. Once they were made, I sewed them into a 7 by 7 square and tacked the square to a piece of fabric and made Serena a pillow. Here it is!
I was very excited that it worked! I have always admired quilts made out of yo-yo’s, but had never attempted to make a yo-yo myself and I certainly didn’t know that the pillow would work out for sure. But it did…phew! I am giving it to Serena this afternoon. We are meeting for a drink or two and some adult conversation – much needed after the week I had!