I did it – I made the alterations and am very happy I did. It was pretty easy to do – just alot of ripping stitches out. I took the arms in (about 1 1/2 inches each!) and let out the sides towards the bottom (3/4 inch each). Once those adjustments were made, it wasn’t too terribly short. I didn’t have much extra length to hem it so I just enclosed the raw edge in the same bias tape I used on the arms (brillant idea courtesy of my hubby!). It isn’t very visible in this photo – kind of blends in with the black shorts – but the black band along the bottom makes it look finished. It is super comfy and was nice and cool for our very fun croquet party last night. I love my shirt!