I took this pile of stuff and made a quilt.
It’s a whole cloth quilt meaning that it isn’t pieced at all. I used 1 1/2 yards each of two 60" wide fabrics. The green gingham is on one side, the floral on the other with a nice layer of cotton batting in the middle. I spray basted it with 505 to save time and then did some free motion quilting. I evened up the ends and set it aside. This part took 2 hours.
I cut the pink and green polka dot into binding strips, pieced them and then pressed them using my clover bias tape tool. I zig zagged the binding on. This wasn’t ideal. It would have looked way better hand sewn, but time was of the essence. I had to rip it out a couple times. This part took 1 1/2 hours. Then it went in the washer and dryer, got boxed, wrapped and dropped off for my neighbor’s baby shower this weekend.
A quick and highly satisfying project. And pretty damn cute, too.