* I love brussels sprouts, but never make them. Yesterday while grocery shopping, I grabbed a bag. I trimmed them, cut them in half, tossed with some olive oil and salt and roasted them. Everyone ate them, but I ate the most. The leftovers are in the fridge and will be part of my lunch.
* The holidays are stressing me out. Too much to do and not enough time. And I am not even making gifts this year. Except for some aprons. I forgot about those for a second. And I do have to make an Innkeeper's costume for Kate's Christmas program on Thursday. I have a plan and I don't think it will be hard. Anyone have an idea for a rope-ish belt that isn't really rope? I'm hoping for something that isn't going to cost me any money or a make me take a trip to the store.
* I still have my cold. It just sucks. I wake up feeling horrible despite sleeping pretty well.
* No more camera straps in 2009. I wish I could have rallied for those of you wanting one, but it just wasn't meant to be. A brand new package of my sewing labels has gone missing and I have spent a great deal of time looking for them. Just when I resigned myself to the idea that they had most likely been thrown away, my sister-in-law told me that she saw them over Thanksgiving weekend. And because I haven't trashed out the sewing room/playroom/guest room since then, I have hope they are hidden somplace in there. I have offered a reward to my children, but I guess $5 isn't enough motivation for them to look. Grrr. So no labels = no camera straps. That's just the way it is.
* There are so many things that I want to make, but I think I will leave that list for a post of its own.
* I'm making this Cashew Chicken for dinner tonight. It's a crowd pleaser – fast and easy too.
* I hope Whole Foods gets peonies this year. I could really use some peonies in December.
* I want it to snow. Mostly because I love my new boots.