I’m a bit under the weather today so just some quick photos as promised on Friday.
I found the perfect basket – it once held fruit and more recently, a bunch of squash. I got my copy of Bend the Rules Sewing out and started working.
I traced the bottom and added a couple inches all the way around as a pattern. I made a pillow insert out of flannel and poly fill. Then I took the found fabric and made a cover. The back side opens – I used hook and loop tape for my closure. It fit the basket well and looked comfy, but it still wasn’t quite right.
A couple of coats of black spray paint later, I had a cat bed.
Much better. It looks great in the kitchen – the green matches the walls perfectly. Now if Scout would just use it…