I had ordered my paper back in July from Paper Source. There was a reason why I choose an aqua note and an orange envelope. I wish I could remember what the reason was. Somewhere between mid-July and Wednesday, my brilliant idea was lost, never to be found. So there I was stuck with a color palette and full of ideas that wouldn’t work so well in blues and oranges. Figures.
I ended up getting out the spirograph and made lots of random shapes on different papers. One of them looked a lot like a flower to me so I added a stem and some leaves. Voila – a flower!
The screen did not burn as well as I had hoped. I knew Dana had a hard time with her spirograph screen too, so I didn’t think I would get any better results burning a new one. I went ahead and printed with the one I had. The ink dried a bit dark, but I think it still looks good with the envelope.
Thanks for organizing the swap, Sarah! I loved having an excuse to get the gocco out and get printing. Speaking of which, I have another stencil to cut.
Happy weekend to you all.