Here’s the full reveal on the pink toile number from yesterday’s post.
After I made the p.j. pants for the girls, I really wanted to give a nightgown a go. My girls sleep in tank tops and sleeveless nightgowns in the hot summer months and it is hard to find nightgowns of the non-cheesy, non-licensed character variety. Kate picked the pink Eiffel Tower fabric out of my stash – it was a great choice. I had enough yardage AND had forgotten it was in there. That girl can always find the pink! I paired the black and white gingham with it.
I traced a nightgown that we have, added seam allowances and cut it out. Two quick seams with the serger and it was time for the bias tape. I cut 1.5" strips on the bias and made my own using one of those nifty Clover tools. So easy. Really. Then I sewed it on. I use the same method that Amy does – fast and pin free. I left the straps long and tied them at the shoulders so it can grow with her.
My original plan was to sew a simple hem, but the nightgown wouldn’t have it. It needed a ruffle. So a ruffle it got. In my opinion, it is pretty dang cute. For the record, Kate thinks so too.
When Kate tried on the nightgown, it became a dress. She doesn’t think it looks like a nightie. Fine by me. It’s going to be perfect for summer – lightweight and breezy, easy to wear all day and all night. Because, honestly, more days than not, it is just easier to let her sleep in her clothes.